The TOFEL is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by
more than 10,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia,
Canada, the U.K. and the United States. Wherever you want to study, the TOEFL test can help you get there.
Who Accepts TOEFL® Scores?
More than 10,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL® scores.
Other organizations rely on TOEFL scores as well:
- Immigration departments use them to issue residential and work visas.
- Medical and licensing agencies use them for professional certification purposes.
- Individuals use them to measure their progress in learning English.
Institutions that Accept TOEFL Scores
4 out of 5 admissions officers who were surveyed* — and who stated a preference —
were more satisfied with using the TOEFL test compared to other English-language tests.
Search for institutions that rely on TOEFL scores as the most accurate measure of English-language skills.
What to Bring on Test Day
Valid, Acceptable Identification (ID) Document(s)
Test takers are advised to bring at least 2 forms of acceptable ID each time they report to a test center.
With few exceptions, ID documents must meet all of the following requirements. Each ID document must:
- be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable
- be valid; expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable
- include the test taker’s full name matching exactly the name used to register
- include a recent photograph that clearly matches the test taker
- include the test taker’s signature