More than 10,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL® scores.
Other organizations rely on TOEFL scores as well:
- Immigration departments use them to issue residential and work visas.
- Medical and licensing agencies use them for professional certification purposes.
- Individuals use them to measure their progress in learning English.
Institutions that Accept TOEFL Scores
4 out of 5 admissions officers who were surveyed* — and who stated a preference —
were more satisfied with using the TOEFL test compared to other English-language tests.
Search for institutions that rely on TOEFL scores as the most accurate measure of English-language skills.
What to Bring on Test Day
Valid, Acceptable Identification (ID) Document(s)
Test takers are advised to bring at least 2 forms of acceptable ID each time they report to a test center.
With few exceptions, ID documents must meet all of the following requirements. Each ID document must:
- be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable
- be valid; expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable
- include the test taker’s full name matching exactly the name used to register
- include a recent photograph that clearly matches the test taker
- include the test taker’s signature